cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed upgrade - have I double ordered?

badoit
Dialled in

Sorry, this is going to be a bit long!

I have a feeling I have double-ordered a speed upgrade. Currently I am on a 200 Mbit contract which was upgraded to 350 as a 'Volt Benefit (I think? I had Virgin Mobile phone, now O2.) Shown as M200 M350 in my services

On Sat May 4th I had a text on my phone:

Boost your broadband speed today for 50% OFF our usual offer price. Go, go, go! Tap here to claim virginmedia.com/boost-bb T&Cs apply. See virginmedia.com/prices

I 'tapped here' and completed the form, and got this email in return the same day

Hi MY_NAME,

Thanks for choosing Virgin Media. Here's a summary of your order.

Order reference:
CH2067407144
Order date:
Saturday 04 May 24
Main services:
Broadband Installation, Phone Line Rental, Weekend chatter, M500 Fibre Broadband
Installation address:
XXXXXX ROAD, BSX XXX BRISTOL
Estimated activation date:
Tuesday 07 May 24
Main services total £49*
Current monthly price after your 18 month contract £60*

On Tues 7 May, when I powered up my Superhub 3, it was still on 350 Mbit. When nothing had happened by yesterday Thurs 9 May, I went to MyVirginMedia to 'My orders' and it said 'You have no orders'. I assumed my first order had got dropped or lost and looked at My Offers and found

M350 M500 Volt speed boost

+£4 a month* Recommended

So I selected this and made the orer. So I got this email on 9 March

Hi MY_NAME,

Thanks for choosing Virgin Media. Here's a summary of your order.

Order reference:
CH2067724889
Main services:
M350 M500 Volt speed boost
Telephone Line Rental
Talk Weekends
Address:
XXXXXX ROAD, BSX XXX BRISTOL
Estimated activation date:
7-10 working days
Main service total £54.04*
Current monthly price from month 19 £65.04*
As you’ve changed your package part way through your billing cycle, your next bill will feature only part of the charges for your new service. You’ll pay the full amount you were quoted every month after that.

So, I think I may have double-dipped! I hope I haven't lumbered myself with paying £5 more a month for the same thing if you see what I mean. Is there anywhere I can contact to sort out the pickle I may have got myself in?

You may think that £5 a month is not very much but I'm on a pension so have to keep unecessary spending down.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have 14 days to cancel any "new contracts".  I suggest you do this first?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello badoit

Thanks for posting in regards to the confusion around your package and speed upgrade, we understand you wanting to make sure everything is okay.

It's been a few days since your post and we can see you have spoken to the team since posting, we trust they were able to clarify this for you during the interaction. If you do need further support, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Rob