cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with network log

Ekendall
Joining in

Hello, wondering if anyone could help we not long upgraded to virgin gig package, but the performance hasn’t changed devices are struggling I’ve had to buy a device to help with the wifi signals and give qos its helped a lil but the problem is with the main router I think I’ve attached a picture of the network log something is constantly changing or needs seeing too or is this normal? 

IMG_1038.png

10 REPLIES 10

Ekendall
Joining in

Picture got removed due to MAC address mybad, but constantly getting messages like this ever other minute?

IMG_1038.jpeg

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What package were you on before the upgrade?  Did you get a new Hub?  If so what model is it and if not switch the old one off for 5' and back on - this will allow it to pick up any new speed protocol.

How are you measuring speeds - on what devices?  What are connections like over an ethernet cable connection?

Re log messages - see here...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-status-data-understanding-network-log-m...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don't use a picture, just copy and paste the Network log into a post.  The Board software will remove the MAC addresses for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I was on 500 dwn 45 up and had the hub 5 with that package.. not long upgraded to their gig package which is about 1200 dwn and 100 up 

I use wifi to test speeds I’m getting the package speeds sent to the house I use samknows to find that out.. but ive not noticed any change in performance with devices up load has gain like 200meg as devices show now 700+ but uploads never go over 12 meg on any device. 

i check the network log and its full of cm messages going off like every 3 mins 

Client62
Legend

First call 0800 561 0061 - use the automated number to see if there is a service issue in your street.

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see the Upstream speeds.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.
The speed any WiFi device draws data at is limited by its data needs and technical abilities.

Post a screen shot of the results.

IMG_1039.png

Says I’m getting 50 up? Hmmm  

is this right ?

Client62
Legend

Looks like a very decent result from Realspeed.
I suspect when the current contract started Gig 1 was sold as a 1000x50.

But clearly you are on a 1130 x 104 type of Gig 1 service we see this from the
Hub results & again from the Device upstream of 87.6 Mb/s.

it did get stuck at 50 wouldn’t go over then decided too as the test ended, I’m gonna switch because this dosnt feel like a gig connection compared to a pals, FaceTime calls lag smart tvs displaying a anything lags pictures terrible, online gameplay is unbareable, but thanks anyway M.  

Client62
Legend

The Realspeed results would suggest the issue you feel exist,  are not present on the connection to the VM Hub.
Speed to the Hub is correct, Latency & Jitter are low, Packet Loss is Zero.