cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceptionally poor broadband service

Warm_Luke
Joining in

Hello there,

We have been suffering from frequent internet outages / loss of broadband service for months now. Our hub was replaced but the problems have continued. The technician who visited last week found that there was no problem with our connection and concluded that it is an issue with the service itself in our area.

What is "an intermittent signal issue" and how can we find out what VM are doing about it in our area?

How can we escalate this issue without getting stuck in an endless loop of automatic responses and impersonal bot chats?

If there is no firm commitment (with timeframe) from VM for this issue to be fixed permanently we will be forced to change internet provider as it is effecting our ability to work properly and efficiently.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub.

Run the FULL tests on this site and post the result  www.samknows.com/realspeed

Setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Warm_Luke.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your intermittent broadband connection.

I have checked the area and cannot see any issues right now.

I did also run a check on your Hub and there appears to be a drop in signal coming into your hub.

I would lie to take a further look into this for you as we need to get you an steady reliable service.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L