cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congestion Issues? Area 14 WF4

Adam1986
Dialled in

Good Morning,

Wondering if there are some congestion issues in Area 14 WF4 this past week or so?

I've generally had a decent performing service until last Sunday when the latency on my connection suddenly jumped up and stays like this for most of the day, with the odd respite back to normal levels here and there during the day.

Whilst the latency spikes, download/upload speeds are affected.

This is an average day prior to last Sunday when I've had no issues:

normal.png

And this is an average day since the increase in latency last weekend:

latency.png

This is the status information from the router:

https://pastebin.com/pNyMv6uT

Hopefully someone can assist with this.

15 REPLIES 15

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

No issues detected via the phone number or looking within the section on My Account. 

IPFreely
Fibre optic

That graph looks more like your connection being heavily utilised. Anyone running backups, torrents, whatever? 

Nope, use my own router and have reviewed the connections table and nothing out of the orderinary at all connectivity wise.

Even unplugged the cable into upstream switch to confirm 100% and exactly the same. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What Hub model is that ?   See this.....

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return. No need to log in - just click on the “Router Status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3/4/5) or top/right (SH’s) - of the Login page.

Then… Navigate to these “data pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs pages. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I put the stats from the status page on the pastebin above - forum wouldn't let me post them directly on here, said there were too many characters.

The Hub 3 is in modem mode.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As I said above.. you just do two posts if characters are exceeded - but never matter.. your stats are good except  that the upstream power levels are right at the bottom of the recommended range at +31 dBmV - these could be causing the issues.

A VM person needs to take a look and advise.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

We have seem BQM like this we don't know the reason best guess is some type of idle state mode thats being enabled in other words its likely upstream where the modem delays sending stuff or the scheduler delays the modem from sending stuff.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, I will wait to see what VM say.

How do the power levels impact on the RFoG network then? as obviously its fibre from the cabinet which then converts to coax outside the house and then into a white box where there is a feed from a power cable, that comes back out and into the router.

I remember back in the day power levels were adjusted at the cabinet on the coax network, but guessing its different on RFoG?

Cheers