cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anywhere you can check if/when Gig2 will be available in your area?

lukeyx
Joining in

Hello, as the title suggests - is there anywhere you can check if/when Gig2 will be available in your area?

11 REPLIES 11

kevuwk
Joining in

I've read elsewhere that it should be available from tomorrow, this is from people that have contacted sales/support. I'm assuming it will be available in new packages or as an upgrade on your existing package

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM never publish this type of information until it’s available. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Martyn
Up to speed

The site today now will show you if its avalible

With Volt,

Martyn_0-1707827143810.png

without volt,

Martyn_1-1707827179454.png

+the £6 to make it 1:1

as of 13/02/2024 
PackagePrice £Dif £
125Mbps27n/a
250Mbps336
500Mbps407
1000Mbps466
2000Mbps8438
Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

IPFreely
Fibre optic

Going by an earlier post you're on cable, so no timescale at the moment. Only available to customers on XGSPON in Nexfibre areas for right now.

Chevy117
Joining in

Just to be clear that on sales page when I enter my post code I only get offers for 1gig but it states it’s a full fibre connection. Guess there lying about full fibre.

Hi @Chevy117 

You can check if Gig1 Fibre broadband is available via this link here

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Guess there lying about full fibre." they might not be. Very few areas with FTP have 2G as yet, only slowly being rolled out. I never ever believe advertising hype, it’s all done by marketing people with their heads in the clouds.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Chevy117 wrote:

Just to be clear that on sales page when I enter my post code I only get offers for 1gig but it states it’s a full fibre connection. Guess there lying about full fibre.

To get 2gig & or symmetrical services you must fulfil both of these criteria:

1) You must have an FTTP connection.

2) You must be receiving an XGS-PON service over that fibre.

If the fibre converts to coaxial on your front wall you are receiving DOCSIS 3.1 services via an RFoG (Radio Frequency over Glass) network. This won't carry 2gig until its migrated to XGS-PON.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

what do the packages say? o.0

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)