Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it ever be installed?

LimehouseDelays
Tuning in

Hi everyone.

I just moved to Limehouse in London

I signed up for Virgin on November 18th. I selected my installation date as December 7th. As you can guess.. this was delayed. The new date I was given was December 27th.

I was contacted on December 22nd about a new delay which is this time until February 7th 2024. Nearly 2 and a half months since my sign up date. Crazy.

I've called multiple times and spoken with the pre-install team and each day I was told the works happening in my street would happen that day and they never do. I have also sent an email to the CEO / Executive team - 28 day response time so not expecting anything soon.

Anyway... Does anyone actually think they have capability to add this to my street? It feels like I've been sold a product they cannot deliver and won't be able to anytime soon.

If you are in Limehouse do not sign up for this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you search through the forum you will find your story recounted endless times.

VM and its sub-contractors will string you along for as long as they like. They may install for you or they may give up eventually and cancel your installation.

There seems to be no means to get VM to improve its performance in this area. Those who have managed to bump an installation along have generally taken direct steps themselves to bypass the default procedures. Here is a recent topic with a novel approach which worked for the OP who was waiting

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Wayleave-delays-now-Prepull/m-p/5460340#M...

and here is a recent topic where the OP waited a long time, in expectation of VM installing, only for VM to give up and cancel the job

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/External-Work-to-new-property/m-p/5461136...

Hope you manage to make some progress with it, one way or another.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you search through the forum you will find your story recounted endless times.

VM and its sub-contractors will string you along for as long as they like. They may install for you or they may give up eventually and cancel your installation.

There seems to be no means to get VM to improve its performance in this area. Those who have managed to bump an installation along have generally taken direct steps themselves to bypass the default procedures. Here is a recent topic with a novel approach which worked for the OP who was waiting

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Wayleave-delays-now-Prepull/m-p/5460340#M...

and here is a recent topic where the OP waited a long time, in expectation of VM installing, only for VM to give up and cancel the job

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/External-Work-to-new-property/m-p/5461136...

Hope you manage to make some progress with it, one way or another.

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LimehouseDelays 👋 Welcome to the community! 

Thank you for posting. So sorry to hear about these issues with your delayed installation! This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide. 

Sadly we are limited with what support we can provide with these cases via community as they are specifically managed by the Pre-installs team you have been liaising with. Just in case you need their direct number, it is 📞0800 052 1734. 

We can ensure that there is a complaint raised, and assigned with the correct team but it appears this is also the case in your scenario. 

We hope that the installation goes ahead on your date as expected and that there are no further issues. Please do feel free to update the thread with your experience as it develops. 

If you have any issues once the service is installed and activated please let us know and we will do our best to help!

Thank you for your patience! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

LimehouseDelays
Tuning in

Small update.. still no further on really.

Virgin media told me Kelly Communications applied for a permit to do the works. I can't trust anything virgin say at the moment for obvious reasons.. so I decided to check with Kelly Communications myself.

I emailed their customer services team who responded back quickly and confirmed they have no yet applied for a permit and are waiting for further cost approvals from Virgin.

I called virgin and asked the pre install team about this who had no idea what stage this was it. Pretty useless. I was told they would email the area manager and await their response.. I've been told this twice now and the area manager has not responded. Area manager for area 22 is useless.

Expecting further lies down the road and a further delay..

Thank you!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Make sure you keep copies of the first and subsequent date promises, and a note of your contact with Kelly. You will need this when you make your compensation claim. 

And in the meantime check what other services are available now or scheduled for your area, as this might be one of those cases where VM decides to cancel. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi LimehouseDelays, 

Thanks for coming back and updating the thread. We're sorry to hear this is ongoing for you. 

Checking things this end, we can see the budget works were approved and that Kelly's have now requested a permit for the work to go ahead. 

Hopefully you will see a little more movement on this now. Keep us posted this side and if there is anything else we can do to help, let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs