cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall connection box

porkpiepete
Joining in

Good evening

I have just joined virgin media and it said i was ok with setting up the equipment myself. However I currently have sky fibre and virgin I believe still use the coaxial connection.I have booked an engineer visit as i do not have a virgin socket and would not be able to set up myself.

I only have an old box (see picture) and it says SKY on it, would virgin plug into this and work?IMG_0248.JPGIMG_0246.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not you cannot use any of those connections. The VM technician will set it all up  for you.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

porkpiepete
Joining in

Hi Tudor

Thankyou for your reply. But that is the only connection that is in my 5th floor flat!

My other connection is SKY fibre that i have had for 18 months since i moved in.

In that case the technician will need access to the service room to change over the connections. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi porkpiepete

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear you've been unable to do the home install due to a missing connection.

The engineer visit should resolve this 🙂

Please do let us know how the visit goes. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide