cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts to Return Set Top Box - Box has not changed!

Brunsdon
Settling in

Hi there.

A couple of months ago I downgraded my package to broadband  (as I no longer have a landline and have got rid of the tv).

I was not sent any new equipment.

A week or so later I was sent a postage box in which to return my set top box, but obviously didn't use it as that would leave me without one.

I now keep getting texts to arrange an appointment for someone to collect it. The serial number quoted on the text does indeed match the box I have, so at least that is correct.

Unfortunately the online form that the text links-to has no method for explaining this situation and, no, I'm not going to telephone because that's always turns into an exercise in futility!

Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

To clarify, have you gone to a broadband-only service from VM having been on broadband/TV/landline?

If so VM is likely to want its TV box back either for reuse or recycling, depending on what the device is

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment

For a broadband-only service with VM, you would just continue with the VM hub only.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

To clarify, have you gone to a broadband-only service from VM having been on broadband/TV/landline?

If so VM is likely to want its TV box back either for reuse or recycling, depending on what the device is

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment

For a broadband-only service with VM, you would just continue with the VM hub only.

Thanks for getting back to me and apologies for my delay in replying.

Yes, indeed that's the case. My account number is [REMOVED].

The device is a Humax ITB serial GAHX20870185.

This seems to be my mistake here as (not being up on these things!) I didn't realise that for broadband only I don't need the box and only the hub.

To save someone coming out, might it be possible to arrange to send another postage box for me to package it and send it back, and I'll do that as asap? My apologies for disposing of the original one you sent.

I appreciate your help!

Cheers,

Bob.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Ooops! My apologies.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Bob,

You can order new packaging online 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali