cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second failed pre-install

johnthecyclist
On our wavelength

I was supposed to have my pre-install today, second attempt, and as you can guess no one has turned up. Even though I was assured by customer services that it would happen today, quote "I'm personally apologize you on the delay, John! I will have this updated in the system and I assure you that the pre-pull will be completed today. Once it's done I will make sure that the engineer will visit the property on the scheduled date and the have the installation done for you."

I left virgin media when I moved property as they couldn't supply broadband in my new home. But they have now everything in place to supply my home, but still can't get their act together. They've got until the installation date next week as I can't listen to the lies anymore! What a shambles of a company! 👎

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Keep records of all dates missed and save all correspondence with VM - which will be needed once you claim the compensation

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation
https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @johnthecyclist, thank you for your post.

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

What's the latest information you've been provided in terms of when the pre-pull will be carried out? Has there been any updates since you posted?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

I was promised a pre-pull last Monday(15/4/24), no show, hardly surprising. Quote from customer services " I'm personally apologize you on the delay, John! I will have this updated in the system and I assure you that the pre-pull will be completed today. Once it's done I will make sure that the engineer will visit the property on the scheduled date and the have the installation done for you."

Rang again Tuesday (16/4/24) to be told there is no record, even though I was told on the Monday that it would take place that day, and requires an engineer visit to see what the problem is!

17/4/24 Virgin engineer arrives to ask what the problem is. I tell him of the missed pre-pulls her checks the cover outside my house and said everything is in place for the pre-pull. He rings his boss, who tells him it is taking place today (18/4/24). Well would you believe it, it's now 14:18 and there is no sign of the pre-pull team and my services are meant to be installed next Wednesday 24/4/24. I've cancelled my previous broadband provider as I was given an installation date of the 9/4/24 originally. This is the worst experience I've ever been involved with. No one in virgin media  takes ownership of the problem and the customer is left in the middle being told untruths and false promises.

We truly apologise for the ongoing delay with your pre-installation. Our team would aim to get the service up and running as soon as possible. To best look into this for updates, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs