cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie help

Kittyaxes
Joining in
  • Ok, so I’m probably being very dense but my ex husband used to deal with all this. 
    My quick start box arrived today … am I supposed to have a virgin connection box already installed? I stupidly thought I could just plug it all in. Any help for a damsel I’m distress would be great fully received. 
3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Kittyaxes wrote:
  • Ok, so I’m probably being very dense but my ex husband used to deal with all this. 
    My quick start box arrived today … am I supposed to have a virgin connection box already installed? I stupidly thought I could just plug it all in. Any help for a damsel I’m distress would be great fully received. 

You need to look for a brown box on the outside of your home.

This should then lead you to where the internal box, roughly, is located.

It may not be a VM box, could be NTL, etc.

to add to the above

not all installs have an internal box

start outside and look for the external wall box - 6" square ish usually on wall facing road or pavement - brown or grey usually - follow any cables that come from it and go inside - if there are non look inside opposite external box as they may just have drilled through wall - as said it may just be a cable rather than an internal wall box

if you find a cable you need one of these to attach the cable that came with the quick start kit

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kittyaxes, 

Thank you for your post and I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your quick install, I have managed to locate your account and can see it is active, let us know if you are having any issues and we will do our best to help.

Zoie