cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Installation no Longer Available

lewiscouldwell
Joining in

Virgin media has been rolled to our area and was available to sign up to one of their packages. We tried to order twice and both times the engineer appointment was cancelled without notice. When we tried to contact Virgin media we were told that there was a fault on the line and would need to resolved before we can proceed.

However this has been several months and no indication if anyone is looking into the fault or if it will ever get fixed. Now when we check online it states that the services are not available in our area and to keep me posted. 

As we are not a Virgin customer yet we are unable to report the fault and escalate. Has anyone else been in this situation and how do we get Virgin to actually get this resolved? I have already tried speaking to customer services many times but I'm always given vague responses and told they can't provide an update.

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lewiscouldwell,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that the installation hasn't been able to go ahead. Did the team explain why this was the case? If there's a temporary service fault this wouldn't result in the order being cancelled.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

The explanation as to why it didn't go ahead was very vague and always along the lines of 'There is a fault that needs repairing before going ahead'. I have no idea if this is even true or what the fault actually is. Its also strange as my neighbours can sign up to Virgin but for some reason I can't.

I would like to sign up to your services and start a contract but I'm finding it almost impossible at this point. It would help just to know whether or not this is been worked on or whether its something that's been forgotten about. So far i have hit a brick wall following the usual channels.

Thanks,

Lewis

Hi Lewis.

We can take a look at the account for you and get a definite answer for you.

We will need to send you a private message first to take some details and be able to check the account.

If you can check the logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L