cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat 'Unserviceable' after ordering package

mxjsn
Joining in

Hello,

I recently moved into a new flat with my brother, and we decided to take out a new contract with VM. Our initial install date was scheduled for the 15th, then, for reasons unknown, was delayed until the 24th. This is the last update we received from VM.

After waiting around all morning for our Quickstart kit to arrive, I decided to call VM as the online tracking system was not working. After an HOUR on hold, and another half an hour speaking to an agent, I was told that no kit would be coming as the flat is in fact 'unserviceable'. 

According to the agent I spoke to, the flat was filed as unserviceable on the 17th. Infuriatingly, this gave VM ample time to inform us of the fact, but instead, I had to make a phone call myself (1 WEEK LATER) on the day of installation to be told this. Not only did I have to wait in, but it was also critical for WIFI to be installed at the property before the 26th, as I have an important set of university exams coming up. If only VM had informed us when they found out that the flat was unserviceable, I could have arranged alternative service from another provider. But now this will not be possible.

On the phone, I was told that they were 'taking my concerns seriously' and that the case had been escalated. I was assured that someone would get back to me today to discuss. Predictably this has not happened.

Has anyone experienced this before? Can I expect a resolution, or will I have to cancel VM and go with another provider (I really do not want to do this as VM is the only fibre broadband connection available on the estate). Is there any compensation entitlement for the frankly horrendous customer service?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mxjsn,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 😊

I'm sorry to hear that we didn't keep you updated in regards to the install. So I can take a closer look at your complaint I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mxjsn,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 😊

I'm sorry to hear that we didn't keep you updated in regards to the install. So I can take a closer look at your complaint I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm