cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for non installation

Jedathoss
Tuning in

Hi all, does anyone know how long Virgin will pay compensation for non installation of broadband for?

Install was originally due to take place on 5/10 which was re-arranged by Virgin to 17/10, engineer turned up but couldn't install as the PON numbers didn't match. Install re-arranged to 31/10 and again engineer arrived but no install as the PON numbers hadn't yet been changed (apparently a common occurrence).

Installation the rearranged for 14/10, again engineer came but although PON number had been changed install couldn't take place as the number had been changed incorrectly and was still wrong 🙈!

Still waiting for a revised date as to when installation could be tried again.

Also anyone know why it seems to be so difficult and time consuming to change the PON numbers?

Cheers

John

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM has to credit you with any compensation due within 30 days of your account being activated.

The 'PON ID' issue seems to have been mentioned on here a lot recently. Probably just falls into the category of general VM installation bungling, unfortunately.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The longest known period is well over a year. They are required to keep paying when it's finally connected. Or until they tell you in writing they can't install, and then for another 30 days.  Never cancel it yourself. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Jedathoss 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your installation I can understand how frustrating this must have been. 

Thank you to our community for their advise already here, and to confirm the compensation would be applied after the account was installed and would be from the first delayed date to the date of the actual installation. 

Have you heard anything further regarding an install date at all?