cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Router updated lost functionality

Amjohn
Joining in

Last night my ring cameras playback was working fine, today I’ve lost it, works fine when viewing through my 4G phone and 4G router (Vodafone) but through my virgin home broadband its gone, have Virgin changed anything as this problem is exclusively linked to my Virgin Broadband provider.

7 REPLIES 7

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is everything else working as normal?

Have you changed anything? - new Hub? moved Hub?

What Hub model is it?

Sounds like it has lost connection to the Hub's 2.4GHz wireless frequency

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

samhelpme123
Joining in

exact same thing is happening with me since yesterday. Everything works on 4G and other wifi but as soon as I connect to Virgin Wifi the app isnt loading. 

have you managed to fix it?

the virgin wifi is working for everything else, fast connection, but just doesnt work for the ring app anymore. Ive not made any changes to anything, all  happened out the blue yesterday.

samhelpme123
Joining in

have you found out the reason yet? Customer service havent been able to help and apparently been referred to level 2 support but waiting their call.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good morning @Amjohn and @samhelpme123 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues with the doorbell. Is this the same for you @samhelpme123 - the reason I am asking for clarity is you've just said the app on your post. 

If so, this thread should help 🙂 https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Ring-doorbell-connection-issue/td-p/5295658

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Amjohn
Joining in

Mine have all come back on stream sometime in the last few days .

Thank you for the update @Amjohn 

Please continue to monitor the issue and let us know if it occurs again. We will do our best to help from here 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs