cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this site cant be reached

labtec2000
Joining in

Hello everyone, here goes....tried everything to access eurocarparts site but nothing works, even spent 1hr 30 mins onto virgin through customer service then eventually technical. works fine on my 02 data via mobile but cant access on wifi through tablet, mobile or laptop. i was advised to trun off websafe, that didnt work, he suggested putting a pin in the back of the router for 30-40 secs to return hub back to default, that didnt work either. this is my first post, i'm a newbie

22 REPLIES 22

labtec2000
Joining in

Hi all....ok i'm thinking it has something to do with security settings but, everything i've been advised to do hasn't worked. I cannot access eurocarparts website. it comes up with a message saying site cannot be reached. When i hover over the symbol (circle with exclamation mark) just before the https in address bar it says "view site information" if i left click the circle it shows a red triangle and a message saying "your connection to this site is not secure" I have been advised by tech support to try websafe settings, done that didn't work, then they said put a pin in the back of the hub for 30-40 secs to return it to default. Its definitely not the laptop or my mobile or my tablet cos they dont work either via the wifi. i can access it on my phone using my data with 02 no problem

anyone come across this before? and has there been a solution?

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Try changing your DNS then try again 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi gary, its nothing to do with my computer settings/laptop because if it was then i would be able to access the site using wifi on my mobile and my tablet but i cant access the site using any device on my virgin media broadband connection.
cheers dave

Yes. So change the DNS on one of your devices then see if it works. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Put the Cloudflare or Google DNS in the computer's Network settings

That is... 1.1.1.1. or 8.8.8.8. respectively

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Site cannot be reached is the issue here not security; i.e. to establish an authenticated / secure connection the site must first be reachable.

Are you going to https://www.eurocarparts.com or another address; if another post it here?

Does the issue occur when using your browser's Incognito / Private browsing mode?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi labtec2000

Thanks for your post 

Can we please take the exact address for the website 

Have you tries an alternative browser?

Gareth_L

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @labtec2000

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding accessing the eurocarparts site on a WiFi connection. Have you tried changing your DNS settings as the community advised?

Have you also tried clearing your cache and deleting your cookies?

Let me know how you get on after this!

Kind regards,

Serena

hi Serena, thanks for the comments and advice, i haven't changed the DNS settings no. The reason i haven't done that is because its not only my laptop that wont open this particular site. When using my mobile via virgin media hub 3 wi-fi connection or a tablet it still wont open the website. Its definitely something to do with virgin media's security or the hub settings. The tech guy at virgin said "we sometimes block in-secure sites and it could be one of them" The site in question EUROCARPARTS is used by millions of people to order car parts and i've used it on previous occasions. I'm so frustrated with this issue its driving me round the bend...