cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant access my virgin media

Derek651
Joining in

been a broadband customer for over 20 years but cannot access my account on my virgin media due to lost information such as email password etc. can anyone tell me how to resolve this? thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Nailbiter
Tuning in

I'm having exactly the same problem today !

Derek651
Joining in

hi. i am having same issues. i cant access my account as the my broadband account was set up over 20 years ago and ive lost original email. password, memorable word etc. i am the account holder and pay through bank by dd have my vm account number etc. can you help?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Derek651 

I have moved your second post into your original forum thread just to keep things simple.

If you don't know the account password then there is not a lot that you can do yourself to regain access.

However, one of the Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) should be able to look into this for you.

They will contact you via this thread hopefully later today but I will keep an eye out and escalate this to them if necessary.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Derek651

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear you're unable to access your online account.

Have you registered for an online account in the past?

If so, please use the forgotten username/password options and this should allow you to reset the log in details.

If you have never registered, please register here   

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

hi vikki. i have tried that it says that i have an account. but the email address is the problem i dont think it is even active as it is over 20 years old. i think it was a temporary one just to register. is there a way that i can re-identfy myself to get new security details? i am a member of Digidentity if that is any help

Hi Vikki . .  I am having the same problem whereby the login page is not recognising my email address which has been the same for many years.  It therefore won't let me use the forgotten password option.  I recently had to set up a separate password to use my account in Outlook, but your online login won't now accept either the previous, or the new one, nor recognise my email address.  This is an issue your end, not mine.  Please assist.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nailbiter wrote:

I recently had to set up a separate password to use my account in Outlook, but your online login won't now accept either the previous, or the new one, nor recognise my email address. 

Did you have to specify a non Virgin Media email address as part of the process of generating that separate  mail app password for Outlook? The VM system normally forces you to do that.

If you did specify a non VM email address then you need to use that non VM email address as the Username (not your VM email address) to sign into the VM webmail service.

That will not affect your VM email account itself or existing email address. The non VM email address is just the username you have to use to sign into your VM Webmail account from now on.

As you have discovered, you still use your VM email address in the settings in Outlook.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @Derek651, and I'm sorry to hear you've been effected by this issue.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me and I'll take a closer look into this with you

Thanks,

David_Bn

Thanks for that... it worked !  👍🏻 Although it did force me to change the password for that login again... So now I use my alternative email on both Outlook, and online, to get to my Virgin mail.... with 2 different passwords.... Talk about making it extra confusing.... 🤷🏻‍  Much appreciation for your help 👏🏻