Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 41 kudos

SYNC Timing Synchronization Failure

Had a lot of these errors come in around midnight after I had already hit the hay. Now getting no upstream or downstream this morning, Online tool says and issue with my hub but I've checked everything and all seems to be fine and connected.Any sugge...

Wifi Slow?

Hello, For the past 2 days, the wifi in my flat has been horrendous. This is something that we have always struggled with; it's a 60s build and the walls are thick. We have 2 pods around the flat and this has always been sufficient. Now, in the room ...

AJC19 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

REPETITIVE CONSECUTIVE NIGHTLY INTERNET DROPOUTS

Hello,I am having constant, repetitive problem with broadband dropouts/outages at exactly midnight. This has happened at exactly 12am like clockwork for 4 nights running as follows12am - 10:30am12am - 5am12am - 3:30am 12am - 4amCould anyone tell me h...

Resolved! Pod not connecting

Hi we just got a new hub 3 as we had the solid red light but now our pod upstairs won't connect, it flashes white but when I scan through the app it can't find it. The engineer said just switch it on and it will connect after a short time. 

Solid red light on hub 3.0

I have had a solid red light on my hub for a few weeks, then last night I had no internet so I reset it but the red light stayed on. I’ve read it may be an overheating issue and may need to be replaced. Can someone help please?

KF by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Longer Router Cable

I need to re-position my Router/Hub but the supplied cable is not long enough. Do VM supply a longer cable that I can purchase? The existing cable is not even 1m and just about allows the router to be sat on my desk; I need to move it to the other si...

Thestid by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why does it take 2 to 3 days to get a technician out

It's a joke this I never had a issue with BT apart from we couldn't get over 30mb in my area so tried virgin and it's been down a lot and it seems to be for hours or days I've got no internet now and they need to send someone out and first told me Sa...

micky06 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 Modem Mode not working

Hi, not sure if anyone has a similar experience, but I've always used my hub 5 in modem mode, had it for about a year without any issue, randomly it has swapped back to router mode and trying to switch it back into modem mode it just hangs at the scr...

feygor by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos