cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is virgin media coming to Newton Aycliffe

CallumHD
Joining in

Hi I was just wondering when is virgin media coming to Newton Aycliffe I see virgin media is around the surrounding areas and existing cables are actually going through Aycliffe however the broadband itself is not. 

I also checked with your partner - https://www.nexfibre.co.uk/progress-update/ and on here it says Aycliffe is apart of the 2024 build which is great news was just wondering if you have a time estimate for these plans to begin?

Any information is appreciated:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi CallumHD,

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited for the lightning teams to come back to me on this one. 

They have confirmed that as of yet, there are no plans in place to install your address I'm afraid. 

I know this isn't the news you'd be hoping for however make sure you register your address with us here, if you haven't already. Once registered the team can get some plans on the go to come to your area 🙂

Take care and apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CallumHD, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great to have you on board with us in the Community and even better that you are wanting Virgin Media services. 

We're happy to find out if there are any current plans in the making for you. To do that I will need your full address. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi could I get a email please or message to check thank you

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CallumHD,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly via private message. 

I have forwarded the address over to our lightning teams now to see if there are any plans. 

Once I get a reply from the team I will let you know, good or bad. Just to set expectations it may take a few days depending on how busy they are 🙂

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi CallumHD,

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited for the lightning teams to come back to me on this one. 

They have confirmed that as of yet, there are no plans in place to install your address I'm afraid. 

I know this isn't the news you'd be hoping for however make sure you register your address with us here, if you haven't already. Once registered the team can get some plans on the go to come to your area 🙂

Take care and apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Towlawrian
Joining in

Hi so I work for Virgin Media as a Tech and there is indeed plans for virgin to come to newton aycliffe, in fact weve started the build already.

Towlawrian
Joining in

If you look here it will show that Virgin/nexifibre havs started the build Better Internet Dashboard (bidb.uk)

Bingstroller
Tuning in

It's been a very long wait but definitely exciting news 😀 

I've had a look at the dashboard and lots of works being done but there doesn't seem to be much activity in my area ☹️

Is there any other way of checking for a projected date for an area or indeed registering direct. (Already registered via Virgin site)

Can you message me please