cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Broadband Hub Wifi 6E...

ukguy183
Tuning in

When will Virgin Media have a Hub for Broadband which has WIFI 6E?

5 REPLIES 5

Client62
Legend

What advantage does the 6 GHz band provide in a domestic environment ?

asim18
Fibre optic

Hopefully never.

If VM starts dishing out 6E/7 routers then my area will be flooded with interference. I'd like to keep the new band as clear as possible for as long as possible, thanks.

I remember back when 802.11b and g was out, no one else in my neighbourhood had WiFi... Today there are approximately 60 different 2.4Ghz networks in my vicinity. Same thing with 5Ghz, 10 years ago, no one in my neighbourhood had 5GHz wifi. Then Virgin Media and other ISPs started handing out 5G routers and now there's interference left right and centre.

Hopefully domestic ISPs will stay away from WiFi 6E/7.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

At least the 6Ghz band has much less range than the 5Ghz band and this should help with interference. I’m using the 6Ghz band, channel 53 and 160Mhz for my iPad Pro and iPhone with no interference.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Why not get your own router with that wifi VM don't have to do anything but give us modem mode for then what we want

---------------------------------------------------------------

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

6GHz loses even more signal through walls, so there would be even more complaints that VM routers aren't covering a whole house. There will be even more need for full mesh installations. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.