cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM full fibre has 200+ ms latency on download stream

rangh
Joining in

I got this new connection set up by VM and ever since I have a 200-400ms latency on download.

I had my hup replaced from Hub 5 to 4 and strangley enough the lateny reduced to 100-200ms.

Still not ok for me as it makes gaming impossible and even video calls are droppig sometimes video and aoudio mismaching.

So now I ordered a hub 3 to see if it helps.

Question is , is there anyone who had the same issue with latency, if so any solution? Maybe Hub 5 plus with that fancy XGS-PON?

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

It is important to understand if the latency is to the Hub or between the Hub and your devices.

Share a screen shot of this test :-

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to display the Latency / Jitter / Packet Loss.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You're not actually on 'full fibre'. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You won't get XGS-PON until VM starts selling it in your area. Hubs 3, 4 & 5 run on DOCSIS 3.1, so have the same issues as people on HFC coax. Indeed you have coax running internally, not fibre.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Do you mean when you download your ping goes up? or is this at idle?

---------------------------------------------------------------