cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhub 4 is rubbish

rooster20040
Joining in

I have had virgin internet since the Gerald boxes then upgraded to virgin bb hub 1,hub 2,hub 3 with mo problems I upgraded to 350mb and was given a super hub 4 what a disaster the wifi range and speed is pathetic I have no signal upstairs or in the front garden where I did have signal before they have said for years we will send an engineer out but my mother in law with heart failure has that room both my neighbours have a super hub 5 and if you go upstairs or outside it picks both of there's but not mine. if I put my phone next to it and search for networks upstairs it finds my phone no problem don't need to be an engineer to work out what the problem is I even asked for pods but was told at an additional cost this has been going on for years now thinking about trying a different operator as I don't seem to be getting anywhere with customer services any help thanks in advance

12 REPLIES 12

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hubs are now just Hubs, the last "Superhub" was the SuperHub 2ac, however ....

Just in case, try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

Post the power levels, Pre and PostRS errors and network log from the Hub.

Also setup a BQM to monitor your circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

If the Hub 4 is short of range, check the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band is enabled and is working.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rooster20040,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband service. 

Can you please confirm if you are still having this issue?

^Martin

Yes still having this problem I know its not network error as none of my neighbour's are having this problem it only started after the change to superhub 4 I work silly shifts so there's never anyone at virgin to answer phones when I finish or there so happens to be a network fault I don't fancy an engineer coming out and me having a day of work to be told your hub is broken 350mb connection and my WiFi on my phone sometimes works quicker thanks ron

Client62
Legend

Install Wi-Fi access points or a Wi-Fi Mesh and resolve the Wi-Fi coverage issues at your own convenience.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

My apologies that this is been ongoing for sometime @rooster20040 

I have checked the systems at our side and cannot see any issues within the area and the hub specs all look to be in good health. There are no disconnections showing at the hub itself, so the disconnections look like they are at the device.

Are you able to run a tests through the connect app to see the signal and speeds in the areas of the home where the disconnections happen? If your speed is showing below 30mbps, then you may be eligible for WiFi pods. These do come with an additional charge depending on your package, more information on Pods can be found here if you need. 

You can also run a speed test through Sam Know to see the speed you're receiving at the router and to the device. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Speed test on sam knows stood next to it was 32 and even tho I was connected to Internet connect app couldn't find the hub 4

I'm sorry to hear this @rooster20040 

Can you post your Hub status and logs? How to do this;
• Please go to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode),
• Don't log in, click on 'router status'
• Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs as text into a 'REPLY' as opposed to 'QUICK REPLY'. Please do not include your MAC address.
Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc 
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum

Sorry not had time to do these checks been on phone to virgin most of weekend just to be constantly lied to said a new hub will be Sent out between 1 and 6 Saturday i asked if i just had to plug and play she said yes gets a call saturday from an engineer saying hes on his way due to my mother inlaws health issues I can't have an engineer visit so I was told engineer would drop off Saturday after 345pm never showed up on phoning back sunday was told none of the above was never happening I moved the hub upstairs to see if that made a difference as its on a different cable same problem the tivo box won't even connect wirelessly unless it's next to it or wired everything works wired its wifi I have always had a problem with from day 1 moving it upstairs my ring doorbell can't even connect to it I have wasted 5 days of my cooling off period waiting for no end result left with no option but to look for another bb supplier