cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router upgrade, what happens with the pods

padbed-hisqis-X
Joining in

Currently on hub3 volt 250 and will be upgrading to gig1 with hub 5 in the coming weeks. I have 3 WiFi pods setup with the hub 3 will these have to be paired with the hub5 when it arrives? There’s no reset buttons on the pods so not sure what happens with them when the new router comes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi padbed-hisqis-X,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the commnunity!
As your Pods are provisioned already, they should as advised above be reassigned to the new Hub.

Let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The pods should be reassigned to the new hub by VM, if not you will have to phone up and request that they are reassigned.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi padbed-hisqis-X,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the commnunity!
As your Pods are provisioned already, they should as advised above be reassigned to the new Hub.

Let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Kain

TiffanyGreen97
Fibre optic

I thought when you get a Hub 5 you needed new pods that support WiFi 6 and the old models so not support WiFi 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TiffanyGreen97 wrote:

I thought when you get a Hub 5 you needed new pods that support WiFi 6 and the old models so not support WiFi 6

There is no guarantee that the OP will get a Hub5 - VM may well supply a Hub4 which is also 1GB capable.  They have been doing that for "upgraders" recently and preserving Hub5's for "new" 1GB customers.

So will depend on which Hub the OP receives.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.