cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light hub 3

Ghostlog
Joining in

I have a solid red light on my hub 3 which seems to indicate overheating but it doesn't feel hot. I've rebooted, turned it off overnight, reset and the light remains. Actual internet connection etc. seems fine. 

I've spoken to customer services who basically said "it'll be fine" but all the posts here make me think it won't be. I work from home so don't relish my router dying. Any ideas? 

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have escalated this thread to the forum team, as this could be a safety issue. One of them should respond here shortly.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Ghostlog

Sorry to hear of the hub problem and red light, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

There are a number of reasons the LED could be red on the Hub, as you have mentioned it doesn't appear to be running hot it may be a fault with the LED but let's get this looked into properly. 

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob