cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record for Most Times Contacted Virgin Media without any action.

mtscrap
Tuning in

Is there an official record for how many times you contact Virgin Media without the problem being resolved? Here is what happened to me:

September 2023, changed contract with VM, they said I would need a new hub for new contract, and my existing three wifi pods would need to be exchanged (one at a time). New hub arrived quickly, set up fine, I requested wifi pod, was told can only ask for one at a time. Two weeks later requested another, and was asked to return my old wifi pods, which I did by recorded delivery, acknowledged by VM 

By mid October requested third wifi pod, i was told I already had three (which I didn't, I had 2 - returned 3 old ones), was told an error on VM's part and would be sent a new one. Two weeks later, contacted VM to ask where 3rd pod was, was told you already have 3,  I explained I had 2, had sent 3 old pods back, VM apologised, and promised a new pod would be sent asap, I asked if I could have an email to confirm this, was told yes, you should get an email that day.

2 weeks later, no pod, no email. I contacted Virgin Media again - 'but you already have 3 pods' came the reply from VM - I explained again I didn't, was there no notes on my record? Apologies again from VM, will get a pod, email, and a discount to you asap.

1 week later at last an email from VM! Sadly the email said I already had the maximum number of pods. I have been contacting VM every 10/14 days, each time takes ages to get through (have tried phone and whattsapp), it has become a part-time job the hours I have spent on this. The above conversation has taken place 8 times since the contract, still no third wifi pod, still no email confirming arrival of wifi pod, every time I contact VM, have to explain why I don't have three wifi pods, every time I contact VM, given an apology and promised a wifi pod, and email, and discount.

By miles the worst customer service ever.

5 REPLIES 5

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mtscrap Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I am so sorry to hear about the poor experience you have had in relation to the customer service received for the Wi-Fi pods and in general.
This is below the level of the service we aim to provide and we will turn this experience around for you without any hesitation.

I will send a private message to further assist you on this matter.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @mtscrap Thanks for speaking with us today on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have been able to assist in getting you this Wi-Fi pod sent out.
As advised, the delivery times are within our chat.

Let us know how it goes when it arrives and reach out to us for any other queries and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

WorstISP
Up to speed

Yeah Virgin employees are horrible people who lie constantly and prefer to mess you around for days rather than just spending half of the time fixing their failures.

You have to open a formal complaint to get anywhere: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

After 8 weeks you can escalate to the Ombudsman, which is the first time they'll actually try to fix anything in my experience.

Make a complaint to OfCom too while you're at it, for recording how terrible Virgin is: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Yeah Virgin employees are horrible people who lie constantly"
The ‘Virgin employees’ you refer to a mostly offshore contractors, but those VM employees on the board do not fall into this category. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @mtscrap on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad to say we have been able to sort out the 2nd aspect of our conversation involving a credit.
We can't mention openly what was discussed but with this issue - it's fair to say we have resolved the matter brought forward.

Let us know if you have any other queries and we'll assist where we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team