cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speed through POD

Jalcorn
Joining in

Internet speed to my Hub 3 is pretty good with around 655 Mbps download speeds. However this dramatically drops by 98% to 14Mbps when accessing through my WIFI POD. I don't expect the speed to be the same, but I don't expect a drop of 98%. 

I have tried rebooting, moving location etc. etc. 14Mbps is the best I can get. How do I improve this speed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello again @Jalcorn 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your connection and Pod issues – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

see this...

VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 30 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max
See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

carl_pearce
Community elder

Where is the pod located?

It must be in an area of good Wi-Fi coverage to boost a good signal to an area of no/bad coverage.

If you put it in an area of bad coverage you are just trying to boost a bad signal!

Thanks.

According to the connect app, the POD is in the best place. The signal is good.

Hi there @Jalcorn 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your Pod and thank you to our community for their help so far. 

I have taken a look on our side and I can see that there are a few issues that will require an engineer to take a look. I will pop you a private message now so we can get this arranged. 

Please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hello again @Jalcorn 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for your connection and Pod issues – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

Hi,

Technician came and did what he had to do. All went well and getting good speeds to the router. But that isn't my issue. The issue is the speeds from the POD. I expect some drop in the speed due to the building and devices connceted.

Here is a screenshot of the speeds from the router to the POD (I'm stood next to the POD connected to the router):

Jalcorn_2-1700392695272.png

Here is a screenshot, in the same position, but going through the POD:

Jalcorn_3-1700392775195.png

Any ideas on how to improve the speed?

Jalcorn
Joining in

The pod says there is limited connectivity. What does this mean and how do I improve the connectivity?

Screenshot_20231120_170155_VM Connect.jpg

Hi Jalcorn, 

Thanks for coming back to us with an update. We're happy to hear the engineer was able to get things resolved for you and brought the levels back within spec. 

In terms of the Pod, I've taken a look at things today and can see the Pod is online with a great connection. There is less than 3% interference on it too. Looking at the device itself - I can see it keeps switching between the pod and the hub depending on which one if offering the best connection. It's showing a less than 6% WiFi interference too. All other devices connected are also all looking good. 

Are you finding the speed issues on all devices or just this one? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

It's on all devices.

Why does the VM connect state that there is limited connectivity on the POD then?

Is there anything that can be done to improve?

Thanks