cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packet loss and lost connections

obo
Tuning in

Over the last couple of weeks I've been suffering with 1-2% packet loss, which causes some browsing slowness and dropped connections. I've rebooted my SuperHub 3 a few times but it always ends up in the same poor state.

The broadband monitoring shows a small amount of packet loss during the working day when it's in active use:

obo_1-1714417627059.png

obo_2-1714417708713.png

obo_3-1714417730182.png

obo_4-1714417747127.png

obo_5-1714417798022.png

I suspect it might need engineer attention but I'd appreciate any help. I fear that the first thing telephone support would ask me to do is reboot it, losing all the diagnostic details.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Downstream Power levels and SNR are good, Upstream Power is good too, this may not be a fault on your line, it may be a noise issue affecting your street i.e. curing the root cause is a fix for several customers.

What can be seen in the Downstream are many Pre RS (correctable) errors and worse Post RS (not correctable) errors.  Typical of line noise.

Looking at the Upstream, normal operation is QAM 64, but we are seeing QAM 32 on 3 channels, fall back to QAM 32 or 16  is again typical of line noise caused by a fault at the Hub or a damaged cable.

Rebooting / Resetting the VM Hub is not a fix for this and might be best avoided.

Try a call to the automated fault line : 0800 561 0061, see if there is a known issue in your street.

Just to be sure, check the coax connections on the and at the wall socket are all tight.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Downstream Power levels and SNR are good, Upstream Power is good too, this may not be a fault on your line, it may be a noise issue affecting your street i.e. curing the root cause is a fix for several customers.

What can be seen in the Downstream are many Pre RS (correctable) errors and worse Post RS (not correctable) errors.  Typical of line noise.

Looking at the Upstream, normal operation is QAM 64, but we are seeing QAM 32 on 3 channels, fall back to QAM 32 or 16  is again typical of line noise caused by a fault at the Hub or a damaged cable.

Rebooting / Resetting the VM Hub is not a fix for this and might be best avoided.

Try a call to the automated fault line : 0800 561 0061, see if there is a known issue in your street.

Just to be sure, check the coax connections on the and at the wall socket are all tight.

obo
Tuning in

Thanks for your analysis!  The phone (and online) system doesn't indicate any issues for my area. The coax connections all seem good and tight too.

The upstream has deteriorated further with one channel dropping back to QAM 16, so it is definitely struggling. I'll have to try and go through support 😞