cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet on ethernet ports apart from mesh router

wonkotsane
Fibre optic

This issue has really got me scratching my head because it's completely illogical.

My father in law has set up a WiFi mesh which has been working fine for the last month or two and then devices started disconnecting from the WiFi overnight. Virgin have been out, scratched their heads, replaced equipment and scratched their heads a bit more.

Tonight I got him to switch the Virgin router to modern only mode so he's just using the mesh as both the Superhub and mesh have the same SSID and are sat next to each other. That's when it got weird.

His Mac which is plugged into the Virgin Superhub lost connectivity, including to the router config page (I know the IP charges in modem mode). The Phillips Hue hub also lost connectivity. The mesh provided internet for about 15 minutes and then lost internet connectivity. I swapped cables, swapped ports and in the end reset the Superhub. The mesh got internet connectivity back but nothing else did. Plugging the Mac and Hue hub into the mesh router gives them connectivity. The mesh router can be plugged into any port on the Superhub and has internet but nothing else does, no matter what port it's plugged into. The Superhub is still not offering WiFi after being reset.

Other than trying another factory reset I'm at a loss as to what to do, this really has got me baffled because it's completely illogical.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

Only one wired device will work in modem mode, in this case the mesh system.

If you swap devices the HUB must be rebooted as it associates connectivity by NIC MAC address.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

carl_pearce
Community elder

Only one wired device will work in modem mode, in this case the mesh system.

If you swap devices the HUB must be rebooted as it associates connectivity by NIC MAC address.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Don't plug anything to the hub but a mesh the hub in modem mode allows one source MAC then plug devices to the mesh if you need more port get a network switch and connect to the mesh other port.

If needed get a router

---------------------------------------------------------------