cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Wifi since 23rd Apr, keeps pushing back fix date!

KatChang
Joining in

No wifi since Tuesday 23rd Aprl, I work from home so this is hell to deal with.

contacted virgin and was told a fix date 25th April, and then each day the fix date got push further down the week. Now the fix date is 29th April?! It’s very obvious Virgin can’t / won’t fix the issue but surprisingly quick to charge me a service that doesn’t exist each month.

Will seek legal advice on termination of my 18 months contract. Virgin still taking monthly fees from me without providing service promised, I would rather donate the money to charity.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Once you have phoned in the 'total loss of service' of your broadband you become eligible for compensation. The day rate is currently £9.76

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

VM gets two clear working days to fix the fault before any compo is applied. Keep detailed records of the outage and all of VM's promises to fix as you go along.

In the meantime you could look into a monthly data SIM to give you some kind of connection while you wait for VM to fix. The compensation should go some way towards covering the cost.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KatChang

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're currently affected by a service outage, we know these aren't any fun and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

The estimated fix dates may get pushed back for a number of different reasons - some faults can be really complex and can take a while to locate or gain access to the site to carry out the work e.g if a permit is required from the council.

I've popped you over a private message now so I can raise a complaint for you.

Beth