cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Hub5

dfrlee
Joining in

Hello. My Hub5 needs to be moved. Currently it is served from one side of a cable splitter, the other side serving a V6 box. I disconnected Hub & tried reconnecting downstairs with the cable used by the V6 box. However, although the Hub’s digital telephone connection was fine, I failed to achieve any WiFi. 
I believed the single cable into the house had all the necessary info., each device sorting the relevant required signal, with each side of the spitter being identical. I understand signal splitting can create problems but that has not been the case in the present set-up. I’m keen to avoid carpet & floorboard removal for more rewiring if at all possible.
Any advice/thoughts would be gratefully received. Thanks, D. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best to spend the £25 fee and have a tech relocate your kit.  They will remove any un-necessary splitters etc and check the power levels are correct once the Hub has been moved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best to spend the £25 fee and have a tech relocate your kit.  They will remove any un-necessary splitters etc and check the power levels are correct once the Hub has been moved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi D

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

As Adduxi has correctly advised, we can arrange for an engineer to visit and relocate your Hub for you. There would be a one off fee of £25 for the visit. Let us know if you're happy to proceed and we can get that arranged for you from here.

Kind regards

Beth