cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Teams freezing outward AV

David198
Joining in

Hi

Recently I am having connection issues in my office via hub/single pod.

I receive incoming audio video from others on the call (good quality stream) but when I try to talk users report that I'm frozen and unable to hear me.

Ive noticed connection switching between hub and WiFi Pod (switching from full signal to 1 bar) could this be the cause? And can I prevent he switching?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

MS Teams is a very flaky platform & WI-Fi is to be avoided.
We always hook up a network cable when MS Teams conf calls are required.

For slimline laptops that lack a network connection we have HP USB 3 to 1Gb/s network adaptors,
they only cost £10 and result in super reliable connections ideal for conf calls and business banking.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

MS Teams is a very flaky platform & WI-Fi is to be avoided.
We always hook up a network cable when MS Teams conf calls are required.

For slimline laptops that lack a network connection we have HP USB 3 to 1Gb/s network adaptors,
they only cost £10 and result in super reliable connections ideal for conf calls and business banking.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes. Teams is particularly sensitive to even short signal breaks. If your WiFi is switching between two different paths you can expect it to fail.

Either move your laptop much closer to the Hub, or better still use ethernet. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta

Why blame Teams when it's the VM WiFi implementation that's at fault?  If you've got those wretched Pods, you have to have all the Hub WiFi settings turned on.  Thus switching channels (which should be unnecessary for a statically placed Teams device) glitches Teams or whatever.

As ever, Modem Mode with a decent router and some meshed extenders avoids all the VM instituted nonsense.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)