cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get a second Internet line into another room in my house?

Nel13
On our wavelength

My virgin 1gig comes in on the north side of my house, but my office is on the south side. It's important to me that I get as much of my speed as possible in both locations. 

I have tried powerline (awful), very strong wifi (~500mbps), wireless backhaul mesh (a bit better than wifi) and am currently considering drilling a hole through my wall, and running an ethernet cable up into my attic, across the house, out the other side, down.. And into the house again on the other side...

Before I do that.. Is there any way to get some sort of duplicate virgin line put in? Same Internet package, just accessible via the fibre optic cable in two rooms? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depends if you want to pay twice for your internet service & have two accounts at the same house. Virgin will only provide one modem per customer account. By far the cheapest option would be the Ethernet cable run. Why not run two cables then you have another for future use.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Depends if you want to pay twice for your internet service & have two accounts at the same house. Virgin will only provide one modem per customer account. By far the cheapest option would be the Ethernet cable run. Why not run two cables then you have another for future use.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nel13
On our wavelength

Thanks for the info 

Hi Nel13, we would only be able to supply the one hub but you would be able to get a business and residential line yes. 

Chris.