cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection drops SA3 area

amaethon
Tuning in

Last couple of days my internet connection has been dropping for a couple of minutes at a time then resuming, is this a known issue on the SA3 area ?

6 REPLIES 6

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

Check for local faults on 0800 561 0061 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this...

Can we checkfirst… are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check on one to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?
What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @amaethon 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us, apologies for the issues that you have been having in your area. Can I ask since your post has the issue been resolved or are in you in need of further assistance. Please let us know.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina

Reset the modem/router/hub to factory settings and havent had any issues since.  Its a VMDG 480 which is probably and old one.

Roger

That is indeed an ancient Hub One. If it now works you could just leave it as it is but I would ask for the more modern Hub 3. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

Hi amaethon

Thanks for coming back to us - no issues at all from what we can see affecting your connection, so it's very likely to be an issue with the Hub. We'll be able to upgrade this for you free of charge.

I'll drop you a PM now so I can take your details and arrange for a replacement to be fitted 😊

Beth