cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent failure of Wi-Fi on all devices

no_angel
Tuning in

Intermittent and countless failures of wireless signal. I’m a new account. There are no appliances near the hub. There is no third party hub. Constantly having to reboot. Had an engineer out, worked for a few hours, and back to failure. The only way I got a tech was to threaten to cancel. Just need this sorted.

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Modify the Hub's Wireless settings to prevent the Hub from stopping / re-starting the Wi-Fi as it changes channels...

1) Disable  Channel Optimisation

2) Disable Auto Channel selection on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.   ( E.g. Select Channel 6 & Channel 44 )

no_angel
Tuning in

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Would changing those settings affect the devices on 2.4Ghz? I have smart lights and plugs.

Many thanks

Hey no_angel, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear about this.

We understand this can be frustrating, those settings could change this yes but you can manually add the devices back on to each frequencies if you wish.

How has the connection been over the weekend? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Client62
Legend

The affect we are looking for is a stable Wi-Fi for all 2.4 and 5Ghz devices i.e. no random Wi-Fi dropouts during extended Zoom / Skype / VPN sessions or interruptions TV streaming services.

Below is are our Hub 3 settings as seen from the Hub's menus at http://192.168.0.1/

Note: If you have VM Pods - Smart Wi-Fi has to remain on.

Client62_0-1689525728997.png