cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent WIFI Hub 4 hot to touch

Rajshania
Tuning in

Hi I have a superhub 4 wifi speeds have always been lousy with dropouts etc 
recently i have had to place hub on its side to cool it down the top grill bit was getting hot to touch 

stuck with hub but recently had smart home heating, tv etc that use wifi and get buffering on tv and connectivity issues with heating app
Tested wifi coverage via phone (samsung s24 ultra has signal / channel feature ) shows signal drops off over short distance house has plasterboard walls (when trying modem mode and old BT router wifi coverage better) not sure what else to try 

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Hub 4, unfortunately, is the only VM Hub with a fan.  It draws air in from the bottom and expels from the top, so should be standing upright.  It may be the airflow is blocked with dust internally, so power it off and use a can of compressed air to blow through the Hub. 

If this does not resolve the problem, then the fan may be faulty and a replacement Hub should be supplied.  It is a risk if the Hub continues to overheat.

If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss with you directly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Rajshania

Sorry to hear of the hub issues experienced with your Hub 4, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We can see you have had a visit, was the engineer able to fully resolve the issue for you? Let us know.

Rob