cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub3 not working with red light

Jk_mahay
Joining in

I have had problems upon problems with my hub 3.0 for over a year. The connection is slow and can barely connect out of the room that the hub is located in. The main light on the hub has been red for as long as I can remember, however phone calls when customer services they say our hub is functioning. I’m at a loss here, could anybody please help?

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jk_mahay 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your service concerns. 

I have checked the systems at my side and cannot see any issues within the area and your hub specification are looking good. 

I can see that the uptime for your router has been on for some time and the red light that you're seeing can be just an LED error which can be resolved with a simple pin hole reset. 

Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. 

Also just to confirm, is the hub in a well ventilated area and away from sitting directly in the sun?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley