cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 5x Modem Mode

bolto90
On our wavelength

Now users are reporting modem mode is available on the hub 5x with a firmware update how do we get this if its not yet been updated

10 REPLIES 10

bolto90
On our wavelength

bolto90_2-1710961717586.png

bolto90_3-1710961751670.png

You have to wait for VM to roll out the new firmware.

It takes time as they do it in stages (Probably not a good idea to update 100,000+ HUBs at the same time!).

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Yes the wait I remember when I had to buy the super hub 1 that had no modem mode option at the time because VM would likely only of given me a  VMDG280 to replace a cisco modem...and now we are right back at square one...I throw money at VM for modem mode then and I do it again!   

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi @bolto90 

Welcome back to the community forums 

As the community have advised, we would roll these updates out in stages to ensure that all is working as should. Hopefully, it's not too much longer for you to wait. 

Please do let us know if you have any issues or concerns after your hub has updated and we'll support further here if needed 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

bolto90
On our wavelength

it's been 3 weeks since the last update is there any news one this yet?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bolto90 wrote:

Now users are reporting modem mode is available on the hub 5x with a firmware update how do we get this if its not yet been updated

Where are the posts on here showing this?

I am aware there was some excitement on Reddit a few weeks ago when one person claimed to have it (in Ireland?) but it wasn't confirmed by anyone else or the OP - as I recall.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

@bolto90 As of yet we do not have any updates on this. Please bear with us in the meantime while we roll out these updates across our network. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Cleverleyson
Joining in

I hope this is the case. Would be massive win win!

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Yes VM lets not do this again for your next hub please 😇 

---------------------------------------------------------------