cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 not found in Connect App

TopDoc03
Tuning in

I can see that many people have reported a similar problem but despite every single troubleshooting step including the good old 60sec reset, my VM Connect app still cannot find the hub. In terms of providing the Internet connection and Wi-Fi, that is working however the hub and Connect app don’t seem to be able to talk to each other.

I’m hoping a member of staff can reach out to me from this forum post and find a resolution.  I have already called a few days ago and had a discussion on the phone but no resolution achieved.

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What tasks do you want to use the connect app for that you cannot do by simply logging into the hub's settings?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

With Hub 4 when the Connect app looses connection, the Hub 4 admin menu has often also failed.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Client62 wrote:

With Hub 4 when the Connect app looses connection, the Hub 4 admin menu has often also failed.

Another reason for using modem mode then  😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Client62
Legend

Perhaps, given Hub 4 modem mode customers are not reporting Hub 4 admin menu failure.

Unfortunately I can’t even log into the Hub’s settings. I get a blank white screen every time

Hi TopDoc03,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the connect app. 

Are you trying to sign in on a Wired device or Wireless?

^Martin

Hi Martin, I am trying to access the hub via the app on my Apple iPhone hence via wireless connection.

Hi TopDoc03,

So I can get a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm