Hub 3 red light can it be replaced please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @shirleykitcher1 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you have a red light on your router. Sometimes this can be just down to an LED error and should not have any affects on your services. 

Checking the systems at our side, we can see that the router has been online for quite a while. Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. 

Let me know if when the router returns fully back online and if the light has changed at all. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @shirleykitcher1 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you have a red light on your router. Sometimes this can be just down to an LED error and should not have any affects on your services. 

Checking the systems at our side, we can see that the router has been online for quite a while. Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. 

Let me know if when the router returns fully back online and if the light has changed at all. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

The Hubs Wi-Fi connection is working perfectly after the 60 second pinhole reset but red light still appearing

Thank you for trying this @shirleykitcher1 

As mentioned this can be just a LED error on the router itself, especially if you feel that the router is not hot or that your services are working well. We will need to send out a technician to investigate further and replace the router with another Hub 3.

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for joining me on private message @shirleykitcher1 

I have now booked you a visit for the red light warning issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Tourmalet
Tuning in

Hi, I have the same problem with my 3.0 router. I have run through all the tests but the red light remains even after being turned off for a week during a holiday and the router is warm to the touch at the top. It is on its own on a shelf and well ventilated. Can I arrange a replacement please?

Hi @Tourmalet thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised regarding the Hub 3 red light.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into things further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

Tourmalet
Tuning in

I have tried the pinhole reset but the red light is still showing instead of white.

Hi Tourmalet,

Thanks for providing your details to Tom.

I've gone ahead and booked in the next available engineer appointment for you. You can view and manage your appointment slot here.

There are a few things you need to be aware of for the visit. There may be a £25 charge if:

•    The customer is not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).

•    The fault is due to customer's own equipment.

•    The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the customer's premises which we were not aware of.

•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

Otherwise, the appointment would be free of charge.

Let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else 😊

Beth

Tourmalet
Tuning in

Thanks