cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 has started regularly showing red light

d219
Joining in

I seem to be having the same issue as https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Re-Red-light-hub-3/td-p/5475794 (where the resolution was an engineer replacing with hub 5). Tried going through the phone but it was sending me down the path of resetting router etc for a broadband signal problem, which is fine, so trying here instead 🙂 

To summarise:

• Red light has started regularly appearing over the last 10 days - 2 weeks (most of the time it seems to be red, but sometimes an amber)
  • Tried turning hub off for an extended period but did not resolve
  • Hub is not impeded by anything else around it, so should have decent airflow

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be swapped out. This red LED is the overheat warning and should be working correctly. If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @d219 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some issues with your Hub 3 displaying a red light. Please follow the below steps in the first instance.

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

If the issue remains despite following the above, please respond to the private message 📩  that I'll be sending to you shortly and we can go from there.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @d219 

I've booked an engineer for you to come out and have the hub replaced. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

d219
Joining in

Thanks - engineer agreed the hub was faulty and swapped it out with a replacement. All good now.