cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 connection issue / faulty hub?

Miriam1982
Tuning in

Hopefully the community can help.

Today my hub 3 decided to drop all connections, both wired and WiFi so no devices can connect to it.

I have worked through the help guide on the support page and let the system do the scans, however at the end the "chat" option wouldn't work on my phone (Pixel 7a), and the phone system directed me to the app and the support page (the app also doesn't work as the phone won't connect to the WiFi.)

Wired connections are also not working, I have tried to wire two laptops directly to the ethernet ports and both failed to connect and reach 192.168.0.1.

So I tried the router reset option to clear any rubbish in the system and start again, and no luck.  Reading another post or two I tried a complete power shutdown, checked all wired connections and started up again, with no luck.

The fibre box has a green light, router has a white light.

So I'm out of ideas, to me it's developed a fault and needs replacing, but I cannot get hold of anyone as the systems all say "Use the app"

So before my teenage daughter goes on a tiktok withdrawl rampage, does anyone else have any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Miriam1982
Tuning in

Thanks for the advice.

Miriam1982
Tuning in

After spending 2 hours on the chat today in work, and relaying information home so they could do stuff with the hardware (resets, wire pulling and everything else I have already done again) they finally agreed for a engineer to come out and look at the router.  I'm certain my £25 is safe, but after only being with VM since just before Christmas it's put me off wanting to renew especially if it happens again before then.

Will keep you posted on what the engineer says.

Hi Miriam1982 👋 Welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues with your Hub! We appreciate these kinds of issues can be frustrating. You can check for local outages and run some live testing on your connection here 👉 https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061. Following this if you are still experiencing issues its always best to get in touch to let us know. Glad to hear the team via Webchat were able to help get an appointment booked in for you. Hopefully this went well and resolved the issues you were having?

Please do let us know if you are still needing support so we can help! Thanks for your patience whilst we get things sorted. 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly