cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 Constant red light overheating

Paulste
Joining in

Hi, I’ve followed all the reset instructions and no change. Please can someone from virgin contact me to send a new hub. Thanks Paul

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED persists after a pinhole reset, the Hub should be swapped out. This red LED is the overheat warning and should be working correctly. If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod should pick this up and discuss directly with you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Paulste,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see your Router has a permanent red light which is still there after a reset, I have sent you an invite into a private chat, please click on the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Paulste 

Thanks for getting back to Paul with your details.

I've gone ahead and booked in an engineer appointment for you. There’ll be no charge for this visit unless:

*The technician finds that the issue isn’t due to our network or equipment, for example if it relates to equipment or other systems not provided by us, or it’s been damaged.

*You miss the appointment for any reason, or someone over 18 isn’t in at the time of the appointment.

Otherwise, the appointment would be free of charge.

The technician will confirm if a charge is applicable and a £25 Appointment Charge or a £25 Missed Appointment Charge may be applied to your account.

If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can reply to the SMS you’ll receive, or you can manage this through the My Virgin Media App up to 4pm the day before the appointment.
Let us know how the visit goes and if you need anything else 😊

Beth

ibiker
Joining in

I also have this problem. Not sure how long it has been going on for but I have tried to reset, have turned of for an hour etc etc. It's a pretty old hub and I'll be moving house next week. Any chance VM could arrange for a new Hub to come with my moving pack?

Hi @ibiker 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I'd love to help further so will pop you a PM 📩 and we can take it from there.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs