cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order booster pod?

dawngrant
Joining in

Recently become a new, broadband customer, although there has been a few issues along the way with intermittent Wi-Fi. Most of the problem is solved now and we have had one booster pod delivered which works well. However we have very poor Internet in one of the bedrooms. My son is unable to watch anything on the television through broadband Wi-Fi so we need another booster pod sending out to us to resolve the problem

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @dawngrant 

VM will only send out one at a time, and there must be at least  7 days before ordering each one. It's up to three in total depending upon coverage. 

If you need additional pods you can order them by logging into /my-virgin-media, as per the info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max ?

How do I get a second or third WiFi Pod?
If you’re not getting download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room with one WiFi Pod, you can request a second or third by signing in to My Virgin Media, clicking on Your Package and following the steps in the WiFi Max tab
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dawngrant, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that with the pod, the connection still isn't wide enough to cover everywhere. A second/third pod can only be ordered after diagnostics have been completed and we determine that a Pod is the correct fix for the connection issue. 

Checking things this end, I can see you've already been able to order a 2nd pod and this is on it's way. Once installed, if you're still having issues with your connection, please run some checks via the Virgin Media Connect App.

Once the App is open select the Broadband option from the bottom menu. This will display the My Devices page. Tap the WiFi symbol in the center of the screen to change to the My Network screen. This screen will show you how many devices are connected to the Hub/each Pod. Tap on a Pod for more information and then tap Connection from this list. 

If fair is showing, this indicates that the Pods you already have may not be in the optimum place for performance. It is advised that you choose another location in the home, allow 2-3 minutes for the Pod to reconnect (wait for the light on the Pod to stop flashing) and then re-open the app and try again. 

The app can be refreshed from the My Network or My Devices page by dragging downwards from the center of the screen. Tap Let's improve it to progress to the Refresh WiFi screen. (Note: Refreshing the WiFi can take up to 15 minutes.) Placement Tips can be used to help you decide where to try placing the Pod within your home. 

Once all this has been done, it should advise whether a 3rd pod will help. If so, please screenshot this and post here and we'll be able to order the next and final pod for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs