cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous Broadband and Wifi

Shazmci
Tuning in

I've been with ntlword/Virgin since the start and have had our broadband for as long as I can remember. Over the past year or so, our WiFi connection has been going down several times per day. We now have no WiFi at home which for a home worker is a disaster, when it does go down it can go down for days. We recently were sent a new router but that hasn't helped. I'm seriously looking for another provider as this is testing my patience to the limit.  I am sick of having to use my data allowance to keep in touch with my family and pay for an Internet service I'm not getting. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Hero

1) Check for a local service fault on the automated number 0800 561 0061

2) Check the Router status for Upstream/Downstream issues, for a hand reading those pages copy / paste the stats from the Upstream / Downstream tabs into this thread.

3) Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Hero

1) Check for a local service fault on the automated number 0800 561 0061

2) Check the Router status for Upstream/Downstream issues, for a hand reading those pages copy / paste the stats from the Upstream / Downstream tabs into this thread.

3) Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

The speed at the Hub should reflect your subscription.

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Shazmci,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to see you have been experiencing this, I can see Client62 provided some useful information with regards to running some checks on your service, has this proved to be useful for you since you reached out?

Thanks. Joe

We have eventually got our broadband/mobile issues sorted yesterday having spoke to Virgin approx 6 times and getting cut off constantly. We were advised that essential maintenance work was being carried out in our area which didn't show on the website nor did we receive any notification. Could have saved to much time and frustration if service status was updated properly. 

I am my mums carer and next of kin and when I realised that they had been trying to get hold of me, I was not happy. 

I need a reliable broadband for working from home and mobile for care home contact for my mum. Sadly this has been lacking for a while now so looking at other options.

We are glad to see the issue has since been resolved by our team @Shazmci We truly apologise on behalf of our team for the duration of the ongoing issue. We will take your feedback on the service status and pass it on to the relevant teams for future improvement. We would hate to see you go as a loyal customer. If you need any further help regarding this, please let us know and we will do our best to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs