cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Installation

TigerLilly1
Tuning in

Hello, 

At my wits end here!! Signed up for VM back in November 2023. Fast forward to now, installation dates keep getting put back! 
External works/cabling needs doing outside the property. 
The subcontractors have not come out, i have no confirmation/indication as to when they will come out. Closer to the installation date, VM pushes the date back. 
I have even gone to the extent of reaching out direct to the subcontractors - who ruthlessly tell me this VM problem and to deal directly with them!!! But then VM argue, the subcontractors are causing delay. 
Im going semi mad. Painful calls with no productive outcome. In accurate updates. Promised dates/failed visits. Calls getting disconnected. You name it?!  
I cant look elsewhere as the speeds in the area are not great. But in all honesty, i might start shopping around elsewhere. This is soul destroying. 
Current status - escalated matter (not sure if that is going to help or even get actioned) so waiting for a response. Been given an installation date (another 2 weeks). But still no movement/progress on ANY external works? 
Am i wasting time here? 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM person should reply here soon and may be able to advise what the real issue is

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TigerLilly1,

Thank you for reaching out, really sorry to hear you have been waiting to get installed for over 2 months and that you have been unable to get any answers, so I can have a look for you I will send you an invite into a private chat, watch out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul, sent you the details as requested