cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant turn off Virgin Media WiFi hotspots

tianfat
Joining in

Iam unable to turn off wifi hot spots, i would like to opt out. the message i am getting is:

"Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again."

using hub4

10 REPLIES 10

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @tianfat 👋.

We are aware of an issue that is preventing customers from saving any changes on their account. We are looking into the issue as we speak. In terms of opting out and other changes. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Can you opt me out please

Client62
Legend

Before end of Nov 2023 all the VM Hotspots will be phased out ( Public and via the Hubs )

HI @roastspud 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your hotspot query. 

You can find out how to opt-out here Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

roastspud
On our wavelength

That doesn’t work hence me asking for VM to turn it off

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for letting me know. In this case, can you confirm if you are a VM mobile customer or you are an 02 mobile customer (due to recent migration)?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

roastspud
On our wavelength

VM customer

Thanks roastspud, 

Just to confirm- you've tried the below-

Android-
Simply uninstall the Virgin Media Connect app and you'll automatically stop connecting to our WiFi hotspots.

Apple-
To stop automatically connecting to our WiFi hotspots, you’ll need to delete the Virgin Media WiFi profile on your device.

To do this: Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, Choose the WiFi network profile to remove main Virgin Media WiFi profile, Select Remove Profile.

Alex_Rm

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Alex_RM wrote:

Thanks roastspud, 

Just to confirm- you've tried the below-

Android-
Simply uninstall the Virgin Media Connect app and you'll automatically stop connecting to our WiFi hotspots.

Apple-
To stop automatically connecting to our WiFi hotspots, you’ll need to delete the Virgin Media WiFi profile on your device.

To do this: Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management, Choose the WiFi network profile to remove main Virgin Media WiFi profile, Select Remove Profile.

Alex_Rm

I think the OP wants to stop their VM hub from providing a public hotspot, not stop using VM hotspots on their own devices.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks