cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful service in first day of rejoining VM. Urgent help needed.

HelpMePlease10
Joining in

I decided to rejoin virgin media after BT rose their prices too high up. 

I was with Virgin in January and I had horrendous customer service and sent out the even worse Hub 3, I cancelled the next day as I couldn’t even get WiFi in the kitchen next door. The customer service was utterly atrocious, the overseas call centres passed me to different teams, each avoiding any accountability.

after many hours, I was able to cancel. 

I rejoined virgin media on the £85 volt package, it showed a photo of a hub 5 with the 500Mbps package, which I thought was great as the Hub 5 is amazing, my mum has one and it works great. 

so I ordered it, my QuickStart package arrived and guess what….a hub 3 was sent! 

the router is 7 years old. In what day and age is that acceptable to use now?

I immediately got on the phone to customer service (useless overseas call centre) and they said they can’t sent a hub 5 and they equally cannot upgrade my package to get the gig1 speed. With the hub 3, the WiFi is so weak, I can’t even use it upstairs or in the bathroom. I’m currently typing this using my EE 4G connection as virgin media is so god awful and unreliable.

so I thought I’d call back today, and it has been even worse. I’ve spent a total of over an hour on the phone, loads on hold, and been passed to loads of different overseas teams who can’t do anything. Utterly useless. On top of this, when calling 150 from my VM home phone, it says that the bill is overdue but no bill has even been generated. So this is going to affect my credit file.

I suffer with bad mental health and virgin media have not even once attempted to help deal with this, and utter farce. I’m now unable to cancel my service because no one seems to be able to, this stress has pushed me to the point of actually crying. I just want to cancel it all and go to a different provider if I can’t get the Hub 5 and these other issues resolved.

I’d be incredibly grateful for a virgin media admin to please help, I’m literally begging at this point. I can’t cope with incompetence like this.

3 REPLIES 3

Jacevoor77
Up to speed

i joined in april this year my shock also superhub3 the wifi is awful the first lan port only does 100mpb not 1000

only way round it for me was buying a extra router which works 

i be glad when 2 years is up back to talk talk thank god 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HelpMePlease10 wrote:

I rejoined virgin media on the £85 volt package, it showed a photo of a hub 5 with the 500Mbps package, which I thought was great as the Hub 5 is amazing, my mum has one and it works great. 
When you click on the Mega Volt bundle "Find out more", the web page does state, "Hardware images are for illustrative purposes only"

Clipboard01.jpg

so I ordered it, my QuickStart package arrived and guess what….a hub 3 was sent! 
The hub 3 is always sent for speeds up to 600Mbps.  If Gig1 is available at your address and you sign up for that speed then you will be sent either a hub4 or a hub5 (which one depends upon stock availability)

the router is 7 years old. In what day and age is that acceptable to use now?

The hub3 may be new, although it will probably be refurbished

I immediately got on the phone to customer service (useless overseas call centre) and they said they can’t sent a hub 5 and they equally cannot upgrade my package to get the gig1 speed. 

Did they say why you can't be upgraded to Gig1? This may be tied in with the phone message saying your bill is overdue (the system won't allow any changes to be made whilst there is an outstanding balance) . Is the Gig1 speed available in your location? It's an additional £6 per month if Gig 1 broadband is available.

With the hub 3, the WiFi is so weak, I can’t even use it upstairs or in the bathroom. I’m currently typing this using my EE 4G connection as virgin media is so god awful and unreliable.

The Mega Volt bundle (which includes an O2 sim) comes with a wifi guarantee of at least 30Mbps download speeds in every room. This is called wifi max, details on << this page >>   So under the wifi max guarantee VM will supply you with up to 3 WiFi Pods if needed.  If you aren't on a Volt package, or a Gig1 speed then those WiFi pods are an additional £8 per month.

so I thought I’d call back today, and it has been even worse. I’ve spent a total of over an hour on the phone, loads on hold, and been passed to loads of different overseas teams who can’t do anything. Utterly useless. On top of this, when calling 150 from my VM home phone, it says that the bill is overdue but no bill has even been generated. So this is going to affect my credit file.

If you are within the first 14 days of your equipment being activated then you can cancel without any early termination fees.  It's possible that there isn't a direct debit set up yet which may be why there is the bill overdue message.

I suffer with bad mental health and virgin media have not even once attempted to help deal with this, and utter farce. I’m now unable to cancel my service because no one seems to be able to, this stress has pushed me to the point of actually crying. I just want to cancel it all and go to a different provider if I can’t get the Hub 5 and these other issues resolved.

I’d be incredibly grateful for a virgin media admin to please help, I’m literally begging at this point. I can’t cope with incompetence like this.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HelpMePlease10,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are really sorry to hear you are facing WiFi issues after deciding to return back to us.

As advised by newapollo our Volt deals do include WiFi Max which allows you to get up to 3 of our Pods where needed, so I can help you get your WIFI issue resolved and get the first Pod ordered, I have sent you an invite into a private chat, please look out for the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.