cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to pay off Virgin Media Credit Agreement

laureng1705
Tuning in

I want to pay off my Virgin Media handset credit agreement. I can log in and see my remaining balance but when I call 789 to make a one off payment it won't connect. I can't seem to speak to someone at Virgin to talk about this and I get out through to O2 whenever I try because my sim contract is now with O2. Please help!

9 REPLIES 9

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @laureng1705,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

We're sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your handset loan agreement that you took out with us. Have you tried logging into the Loan Agreement Portal where you can manage it online? To do this, you'll need the following info:

•  Credit agreement number

•  Security key

•  The last 4 digits of your bank account number

If you'd rather discuss this further over the phone and you did migrate over to O2 from us then it's correct that you would need to speak with them. You can make contact with them by calling the team on 0344 809 0202 (or 202 from your O2 mobile).

Keep us posted.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

As mentioned in my original post I can log in to see my credit agreement but the only way it suggests you can pay the loan off in full is to call 789, which doesn't connect.

I've already spoken to O2 and they have no record of my direct debit/credit agreement because those payments are still going to Virgin Mobile. As such, they said I need to deal with this via you guys as the payment is going to you. Please advise.

Hi @laureng1705

If you transferred to O2 from us as part of the migration then you'd still need to make contact with O2 as advised as they'll help manage it now as part of the transfer. We detail that in the FAQs on our website too.

If you didn't migrate to O2 from us then you'll need to contact our dedicated team instead on 0345 602 4420. Again, this is only if you didn't migrate to O2 from us. If you did then our team won't be able to help you.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I'll try calling your team now to see if they can help, thanks!

Hi @laureng1705,

No problem. As advised, who you call and can help will depend on whether or not you migrated over to O2 from us.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Just to help anyone else who is stuck with this, it was the 0345 602 4420 number which worked! My contract was migrated to O2 on the data/messaging front but as I suspected I needed to speak to Virgin about the credit agreement.

i have a similar issue, 02 have no record of my phone loan agreement only the airtime and their only assistance was to connect me to virgin and I cant get past the first question as I don't have an account number anymore (only a phone loan agreement) and I dont have a landline with them.  Absolutely poorly managed service

none of the links work that come up on the service agreement. They are all broken

How did you manage to talk to virgin about the credit agreement? I cannot get through to them as i dont have a landline with them and I dont have an account number only a loan agreement.