cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

thorpey101
Joining in

I’ve been overcharged since February 2022 and have been in contact to resolve. My last call was November. Virgin owe me a total of £154.96 and the phone operator offered me £50 which I obviously refused. The bill was not rectified when I called last and Ive given up with the customer service line. This is totally unacceptable and I expect a full refund for the amount I’ve been overcharged by. This is theft, my bill was agreed to be £16 monthly but it’s running at £30 still. Can someone please rectify this. The complaint has been raised but the supervisor offered me £50 also!

6 REPLIES 6

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @thorpey101 👋,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 😊

I am so sorry you are having some billing issues, I can take a look into this for you, we can look through your contract and our systems to see what had gone on, I will pop you over a PM, so I can get your details, keep an eye out for the little envelope 💌

Thanks,

Zoie

I received my refund of 148£ but this month I’ve been overcharged once again, the previous have been refunded but this is my first bill since resolving with a manager and it’s 30 rather than 16 again

I’ve spent 20 minutes on the phone reexplaining the situation to your call centre colleagues who are all clueless as to the history of my account. Can you please reassure me that my direct debit will be altered to 16£ as I have no faith. Can you also advise me when I can raise a complaint with ofcom as a complaint has already been raised with your selfs and I no faith this will be resolved this is the 14th month in a row.

Hi @thorpey101 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear your monthly bill issue has not been resolved and for any inconvenience this may be causing you. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Pi0trek
Joining in

The same here. Joined Virgin Media in October last year, but being overcharged on a monthly basis. Complaint C-301223331 is ongoing, but all are pure lies. Seem like a standard practive from Virgin Media and only way is a legal action.

Hi Pi0trek, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had an issue with being over charged which has resulted in your making a complaint. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Pi0trek,

Thank you for getting back to us via private message so we could look into this for you. I'm glad we were able to get this sorted out.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!