cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had installed date cancellation this has happened 2 times my

Vi3
Joining in

I had 2 cancellation and to my condition I was told the install will take I’m been left with 5 weeks without a broadband connection this has severe effect due to care workers who have been helping virgin have promised a dongle and have not received it 3 weeks after it should of arrived this is unacceptable to treat the edely person with difficulties I’m still waiting can someone help please all the lies and promises have not happened my doctors will inform you that doing has caused serious problems can a management contact me urgently 

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Vi3

We're sorry to hear of the delays to your installation and the inconvenience caused, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to the team in regards to the delays? Have they been able to advise of the reasons for the delays?

Installation can be delayed if additional work is required, this may be external and require permissions from your local authority and even neighbours in some instances. Have the installation team been able to confirm if this is teh case?

Rob

They have lied and keep telling silly things knowing the  fact my Neibour has virgin media and she in the same house flat as me and can do a self set up now option should be available to me as I’ve had bT now if you needed to do additional work why was I told that all is sorted then change the install date offer a dongle which is now 4 weeks still not arrived and those reps our lying to the uk customers this unacceptable to do this to the elderly and the sick no payment is worth putting a sick person in danger the way virgin have knowing full well of my condition so you ask your management we’re my dongle using delayed dates which meant I couldn’t even get a different company and you keep telling my support workers all is sorted and it hasn’t been

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us on this,

I can appreciate the frustration caused with this, with any installation we can advise that a self installation is available as the service is present however, changes can occur i.e. cables removed by tenants etc over time.
Regarding the team advising of further work, has the team set any dates for this work, also what work has been advised?
Was the dongle offered by the pre installation team?

Regards,

Kain

So more calls now the dongle has arrived but to any elderly and the sick in this situation be mindful that this is not an easy process I’m now awaiting installation date which is stated September 18 / knowing that you can show a earlier install date August 4 /on the website if I wanted to take a new service new installation to same address ?

Hi Vi3, 

Thanks for coming back to us to let us know you've now received a dongle, we're sorry for the hardship you have gone through whilst trying to get this this stage. 

I understand your present installation date in September is not ideal, however if the delays are caused by construction and/or permits then the delays would be out of our control as we're relying on other authority bodies outside of Virgin Media. If you need any further help please let us know, we're sorry once again for the frustration this has caused. 

Thanks,

Megan_L