cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot create an account

Mike1429
Joining in

Virgin media will not let me create an account.

I received the welcome email from virgin media yesterday containing my account number,but whenever I try to create an account using my account number and email address I keep getting the same following inane message appearing on the screen:

We can't find an account with the details you've provided.Please contact us to register.

What is going on,and when will this problem be resolved.I don't want to telephone virgin media to resolve that problem.I detest everything about phoning call centres.

That problem shouldn't exist and I want it resolved quickly by other means,as there is no way that I can proceed with anything or make any progress otherwise.

7 REPLIES 7

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mike1429 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues setting up your my VM account. We can understand the frustration caused. Just to confirm, are you registering as seen here? https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/register Also when did you sign up for our services and have you had service installed yet?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Mike1429
Joining in

Yes I attempted to register on the page contained within that link multiple times but it never worked,as I described in my original post.

I signed up for a virgin media package on Saturday the 22nd of June and I received the welcome email yesterday.

And no I haven't had a sevice installed yet.

In this case, this may be because our team is still processing your sign-up and setting things up on the system. Typically we would advise setting up your online account after your installation. Please bear with our team while they work to get your account up on the system. Have you had any correspondence regarding your installation?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Mike1429
Joining in

Yes I have had correspondence regarding my installation,which is due to take place on the 7th August 2023 13:00 - 18:00pm.

In this case, we would advise waiting until your installation before registering for an account. Sometimes doing it prior to the install can have some issues. Is there anything else we can help with today?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Mike1429
Joining in

Yes there is one other issue that you can help me with.

The Virgin media contract that I received yesterday lists everything that I bought from Virgin media,namely Virgin TV and fibre broadband.

However my contract only lists my monthly service charge of £21.00 for my fibre broadband,as well as the £35.00 stream activation fee.

However both the Virgin media contract information sheet and the Virgin media contract summary sheet list the initial monthly service cost of £49.75 that I will be paying for my Virgin TV package.

Has there been a mistake,or will I receive another or updated contract with the cost of my Virgin TV package listed on it.

Thank you for flagging this to us, In this case, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team